Friday 10 May 2013

Back from Stupidity Land - with a bang

I’m supposed to be in Kazakhstan but alas due to health problems I decided to cancel my trip which was good foresight as I have been hospitalized for the last 11 days.
Cut a long story short I've been bloody stupid and after treatment for water retention which reduced my weight by over 2 stone I have been diagnosed as having a severe impairment of the left ventricular causing heart failure so now on cardiac rehabilitation.
Arctic Tern
I was desperate for some fresh air so Dave took me to the new visitors center at the pond which has only been opened a week and with out to much physical effort we managed 3 Common and one Arctic Tern on the fishing platform and a Yellow Wagtail on farborough bank and I’m pleased to say I haven’t lost my touch finding a Red Kite coming towards the visitor center from the direction of Dunchurch which I got Dave and Bob on to.
Swallow Draycote Water

Sanderling Draycote Water

Shuttle-shaped Dart from a period of very few moths in my trap

Woodchat Shrike was the only crippler I missed while ill - this one turned up at Brandon Marsh.
Many thanks to Bob Hazel for his photos



No comments:

Post a Comment