Sunday 26 January 2014

Hume's but no Otters

Saturday 25th January

The pond was damp and grotty with all the usual suspects in exactly the place you would expect to see them so lost interest quickly and decided I’d be better off shopping – well at least I would be warmer.
As I contemplated why anyone would want an 80” TV screen and how silly one would look in my house a phone call from Dennis had me cacking my pants as I dumped my shopping on a startled assistant and raced home. A frantic journey of bus, taxi and a couple of train rides finally saw me join the gathering crowd at Hams Hall for Warwickshire’s first county record of Hume’s Warbler. Well done to Dave Hutton for finding such a goodie.

Unfortunately my arrival back in Rugby coincided with darkening sky’s that soon produced high winds, torrential rain, hail, thunder and lightning so by the time I reached my bus stop I was drenched. Couldn’t have looked a pleasant sight as my driver seemed reluctant to allow me on board but my demeanour said don’t even think about it.

Sunday 26th January
We were expecting another drenching but managed a couple of hours before the heavens opened for the rest of the morning walking the banks of the River Welland at Market Harborough hoping for Otter but the river was rising quickly and muddy looking so we never got a sniff.

No comments:

Post a Comment