Monday 21 May 2012

Inland MEGA

Every now and then the birding gods take their eye off the coastal / off island ball and we get a mega inland. I’ve seen a few in Israel and two in the UK (Essex 84 and Scilly 04) but a chance of a lift to see the Cream-coloured Courser on Bradnor Hill near Kington, Herefordshire was snatched at with grateful thanks’. Boy the finder must have wet himself when this beauty plodded in to view.
Personally I was oblivious to its presence having arrived at the pond early morning hoping to see the Barn Owl. No luck but 2 Dunlin and a Little Ringed Plover were on farborough bank and Grey Wagtail and Common Tern off windsurfing area till the mobile went off.
By the time I arrived back home the sun was out and both Holly Blue and Speckled Wood showed in the garden as I tackled my bedding plants.

No comments:

Post a Comment