Sunday 7 October 2012

Jays

Over the last three days I have put my efforts in watching the sky. Although not brilliant compared to some visible migration I have witnessed in the past and hindered by today’s foggy conditions it paid off with a immature/female type Hen Harrier heading south east over low over my estate this afternoon mobbed by corvids.
Not surprisingly considering the numbers being recorded in some parts of the country Jays have featured heavily over the weekend with my best count being 56 passing over Napton on the Hill in small groups this morning while my garden has seen 16 over since I last blogged. The only difference has been the direction with those on Friday and Saturday heading south or south east while today’s have all been on a northerly heading. Other species that featured in this movement have been good numbers of Meadow Pipit Goldfinch and Redwing with small numbers of Fieldfare and Lesser Redpoll plus single Rock Pipit and Crossbill.

No comments:

Post a Comment