Thursday 31 January 2013

The pond at last

Finally managed to get down to the pond this morning but after 5 weeks of illness I struggled to make it to farborough spit so I have someway to go before declaring myself fit for purpose. My progress was not helped by the blustery conditions with a 25 mph south westerly wind gusting at 43 mph.
Unfortunately there was no sign of yesterdays Scaup (3) but Tim kept Bob up to speed on 2 Black-necked Grebe he had found off the picnic area and the male Smew that was off farborough spit which flew to the fishing lodge and stayed there for the rest of the morning. All I could add to the day list was a single Golden Plover heading down the Grandborough valley, Raven. Mistle Thrush, 3 Meadow Pipit, 20 Fieldfare, 6 Skylark and a Buzzard.
Luckily I recovered just in time from my mornings effort to watch a Red Kite fly east over the garden at 3pm followed by its entourage of Jackdaws and Crows.



yesterdays Scaup by Bob Hazel

just a record shot by Bob of today's 2 BNG due to the conditions  

Waxwings are still being reported locally with Cawston attracting 4 last Saturday, 2 on Sunday and a single today. Unfortunately they are being reported in non food supply areas so not nailed down.


No comments:

Post a Comment